4 months ago
Leading specialist tours and event management company is seeking an Accommodation Coordinator to work in a team delivering accommodation services for their events and tours this varied role will be coordinating all the accommodation needs, including rates and contracts for group tours and events. If you have a background in conference & events dealing with accommodation organising or have worked as a Contracts Assistant or executive for a Tour Operator, this is a fantastic chance to join a leading & fast growing travel company with a competitive starting salary circa £18k pa - £22k pa plus excellent benefits and career prospects!
* Co-ordinate accommodation and meeting products, focusing on hotel contracts and allocations, adhering to terms, conditions and payments with a good understanding of the commercial and financial implications of supplier agreements
* Negotiate best possible rates and terms with suppliers for group, tour and meeting and event inventory
* Research and presentation of product and area information
* Benchmarking product and rates
* Coordinating hotel contracts making timely decisions with regard to payments, amendments/cancellations and requesting extra capacity, in line with product strategy and budgets
* Liaising with internal departments and suppliers regarding queries and requests for potential and confirmed bookings whilst providing everyone with excellent customer care
* Utilise internal systems to process client bookings and maintain databases
* Generate service reports and rooming lists. Collate and distribute service remaining reports. Provide information to members of the Management Team as required
* Ensure that the services procured adhere to industry regulations (ABTA) through the maintenance of health, safety and quality audits, conducting worldwide site inspections and familiarisation trips where required
* Answer incoming calls, assisting with queries from internal departments and suppliers
* Co-ordinate on tour and at event staff travel services
* To attend and assist at events or on tour where required
Ideally you will have previous experience of liaising with hotels and accommodation suppliers to organise bookings, negotiating rates from either a conference & events background or a Tour Operations background.
Salary is dependent on experience but between £18k pa - £22k pa and there are additional benefits and good long term career prospects!
5 days ago
only 23 days until close