Our client, a specialist adventure tour operator is recruiting for an operations Manager.
· Negotiating with ground handlers to contract services at competitive prices
· Liaising with ground handlers with regards to allocations, rooming requirements and any additional services required
· Ensuring standards of safety and quality are adhered to in all aspects of tour operation, and overseeing our Health and Safety systems, Crisis Management and Risk Assessments
· Assisting with Managing and overseeing the Contravention of tours
· Assist with Tour Leader Allocations contracts and training
· Assisting in organising Staff & Tour Leader Travel Insurance
· Mentoring and assisting Junior members of the team
· Assisting the Head of Operations with general departmental management issues
· Creating client literature and maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of all such documentation including tour itineraries, pre-departure information (PDI) docs as well as web copy.
· Quoting, holding and booking flights for Tour Leaders
· Preparation of pre-tour paperwork for tour leaders including accounts
· Briefing & Debriefing tour-leaders to ensure that tours are maintained and tweaked to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction are adhered to
· Keeping Sales and clients informed with regards to any tour changes
· A passion for travel and a solid understanding of adventure travel
· Ability to set and work to deadlines.
· Good knowledge of travel geography, itineraries and visas.
· Attention to detail, ability to plan ahead.
· Able to work on own initiative.
· Customer service capabilities, able to deal with a variety of clients.
· Multi-tasking skills.
· Patience and persistence in dealing with foreign countries and getting answers.
· Excellent telephone manner, with excellent written and spoken English.