Adventure Travel Consultant - Hampshire - upto £24k plus comm
Working for this highly accredited travel company you will join an already successful team of Adventure Travel Consultants
Role Summary and Job Purpose:
The Adventure Travel Consultant is responsible for maximising every sales opportunity, whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
• Answer inbound calls using questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
• Process and administer existing bookings to ensure conversion rates are maximised.
• Provide personalised customer service of the highest level at all times.
• Use own travel experience to assist with customer queries and engage with customers to meet their individual travel needs.
• To maximise sales opportunities and consistently achieve sales and service targets set.
• To pro-actively promote additional services in order to maximise the generation of additional revenues.
• To book flights at the point of sale using the designated company system.
• Record and log the source for each customer enquiry, booking or contact accurately.
• Use sound judgement to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer & solicit feedback to improve service.
• To execute all assigned tasks and booking administration efficiently, ensuring business team targets and KPI’s are met and exceeded.
• Meet and exceed all personal sales, quality and performance targets
• Update the existing databases with known changes and the status of each customer / enquirer.
• Ensuring a customer focused approach is adopted in all assigned responsibilities. Flexible attitude in undertaking required tasks.
• Support and provide superior service to other online sales channels, such as web, affiliates, email & instant messaging as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
* Frontline telesales / customer service experience
* Proven results in maximising sales in target driven environment
* Extensive travel experience within a specified geographical area.
* Have strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence customers in order to close the sale
* Have the ability to multi-task through effective planning, prioritising and organising of workload.
* Have a focus on accuracy and quality and a good attention to detail.
* Galileo trained or similar GDS experience
* Tour Operator/Travel Agent experience
* Knowledge of phonetic alphabet