Africa Tailormade Travel Consultant – London - up to £26k
Our client a luxury tour operator, specialising in the creation of tailor made itineraries to East and Southen Africa and the Indian Ocean are seeking a Luxury Tailor Made Consultant to join our small and friendly office creating bespoke holidays using the finest hotels and properties available in Africa. You will ideally come from an independent travel background with CRS knowledge essential and Amadeus being advantageous.
As a Luxury Tailor Made Consultant you will have experience of packaging itineraries yourself from the start ensuring you offer high levels of customer service throughout the booking process. You will use your destination and product knowledge to advise your client on their holiday needs.
You should be able to work on your own initiative without the need for constant supervision. Our product is very open and dynamic – we go where our clients want us to go so flexibility and the ability to think outside the box is essential.
• Answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries by phone.
• Use your own previous experience to best advise your customer when tailor making their chosen itineraries.
• Use native Amadeus to book flights and make amendments.
• Booking all aspects of travel for your customers including flight, private charters, hotels, car hire and more
• Responding to e-mail enquiries from customers.
• Ensuring that the correct documentation e.g. an invoice is sent to the customer and payment is collected.
• Liaising with the marketing department for special offers, newsletters and email marketing.
• General administration.
• Previous reservations experience within an independent operator is highly desirable.
• Excellent product knowledge (encompassing East and/or Southern Africa & the Indian Ocean).
* Experience and knowledge of Asia would be a bonus.
• Previous experience of CRS Amadeus is advantageous.
• Pleasant & professional telephone manner.
• Effective Sales skills.
• Efficient when booking Air Fares.
• Computer Literate Microsoft Windows applications
• Excellent communication and organisational skills