5 months ago
McDiarmid Whitmore are currently working on behalf of a leading facilities management contractor that are seeking to appoint an Area Manager to oversee catering services provision on a high profile education contract.
You will manage a team of staff as well as resources to ensure that the contract operates in line with agreed targets and KPI's to deliver catering services across multiple schools in your region. You will be responsible for setting and maintaining standards of work that reflect the professional image of the company and will directly manage Catering Managers and Relief Chefs. The role is responsible for service quality, consistency and compliance and supports the Operations Manager in the delivery of profit and loss accounts as well as building customer and staff relationships.
This is an ideal role for someone with a passion for food and catering who is looking for a career in the education sector.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum 1 years' experience as an Area Manager in school catering or equivalent, or the potential to develop with additional training and development
- Excellent communications skills and willingness to share knowledge, experience and best practice with others
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, customers and colleagues
- Proven record of managing and delivering against budget and Profit and Loss account
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain client, customer and employee relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
Required Training and Qualifications
- Level 3 Food Safety certificate or equivalent
- Health and Safety certificate or equivalent
- A full clean driving licence
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages - specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
This is a fantastic opportunity with a market leader passionate about growing their already established food services division.
The role comes with expensed travel but you must be able to drive and have a car that you can use for this role