5 months ago
Manchester's venue for children and families is dedicated to inspiring creativity in generations of young people by delivering a broad range of visual and performing arts events, performances, exhibitions, activities, workshops and participatory opportunities.
You will be required to supervise the caf/bar, preparing and serving food, drinks and alcoholic beverages and providing a high level of customer service in our family and children focused venue. A degree of flexibility is necessary as weekend and some evening work will be a required.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down and ensuring the caf is secure at all times.
- Being responsible for the caf set up and management each day.
- Preparing and selling food, beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Preparing buffet lunches for room hires and meetings.
- Manage recording of caf staff hours.
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation daily.
- Liaising with house manager with regard to ordering and storage of food, beverages and cleaning products and consumables or any additional stock changes or requirements.
- Monthly Stock Takes.
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times.
- Ensure that caf staff provide a warm and welcoming environment and that customer service is efficient and outstanding.
- Be responsible for cleaning rota, deep clean of caf area and completion of daily records for health and safety.
- Liaising with House manager on development of caf menus
- Responsible for staff training on food preparation, till operations, and implementing till and pricing updates with the manager.
- Attending team, front of house and staff meetings as appropriate.
- Any other duties as directed by Line manager or senior management team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to prepare and serve a range of simple snacks and sandwiches
- Ability to use an espresso machine.
- Experience of cash handling.
- A friendly and welcoming demeanour, including with children and families
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting demands.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead a diverse team and cooperate with others.
- Excellent time keeping skills, conscientious and punctual.
- Excellent standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- An understanding of equal opportunities practices.
The following attributes would be desirable:
- Level 2 Food hygiene certificate
- Personal Licence holder
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
17 days ago
only 4 days until close