Exciting opportunity for a product executive looking to step up to a product manager role . This role is integral to ensuring that our client continues to offer cutting edge, innovative and awe inspiring tailor-made Asian travel experiences for our friendly, imaginative, well-travelled client base in the decade ahead and beyond.
The ideal candidate must offer….
• Genuine expertise – a minimum of two years working in the tailor-made travel industry, ideally in a product focused role with a significant (if not total) focus on Asia.
• Excellent creative writing skills – delivering creative, engaging and well balanced web and itinerary content. A genuine passion for creative writing is a must as well as the ability to produce a high volume of informative, compelling and accurate product copy.
• Excellent numeracy skills - able to deal with figures and rates in multiple currencies at one time, apply flexible mark ups quickly and accurately. You must be able to competently assess product information and pricing comparisons with our competitors’.
• Passion and commitment - a genuine love of experiential travel and a thirst for constantly delivering our products in line with the brand and ethos.
• A commercial mind-set - a keen eye for opportunities and developing exciting new product ideas and innovations.
• Excellent organisation skills - ensuring multiple projects and tasks are kept on top of and progressed in a timely manner. Eye for detail.
• Confident Communication & Relationship Building skills – the ability to communicate clearly and “sell the benefits” of engaging product to the team through product updates and training sessions internally. Also a keenness and ability to forge strong relationships and build a network of contacts with the industry at large.
Tasks & Responsibilities entailed by this new role:
• Constant reviews of existing product and content whilst pushing the development of new product and innovative client experiences. Ensure that each season’s itinerary updates are handled thoroughly and efficiently from planning through to development and delivery.
• Content management – The focus being on websites (predominantly blogs and our intranet. Also, day to day upkeep of our back-office system.
• Training - Implementing and co-ordinating ongoing product training for the existing team. Overseeing product training and the development of new team members.
• Marketing – Assisting in the production and writing for print media, online and social platforms.
• Industry network – Establishing, developing, and maintaining DMC and other overseas supplier relationships.
• Support - Handling of post trip survey follow ups with suppliers when product related items need addressing. Client updates on behalf of the sales team (working in conjunction with sales support regarding itinerary changes, changes in visa requirements, renovation issues etc.) Assisting with the planning and development of familiarisation trips for new and existing team members.
Hours & remuneration:
This is a full-time role based in Brighton. Office hours are currently 9am – 6pm (Monday to Thursday) & 9am – 3pm on Friday. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• You will be joining a small and expanding team of vastly experienced, like-minded travel enthusiasts. You will work very closely with the innovations, marketing, technology and sales teams to push forward all aspects of our clients product.
• The role allows you freedom to manage your own desk, using your own initiative and imagination to drive forward the product that we offer today as well as developing the most exciting product of the future.
• Travel in Asia to take inspiration from existing and trailblazing destinations, hunting out unique experiences to forward our product offering.
• A genuine company focus on a positive work/life balance whilst also offering exciting career opportunities in a growing business.
• A benefits package including financial travel assistance for your personal holidays in Asia