14 days ago
Great opportunity for an experienced Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager to work for our client based near Slough. This amazing opportunity has arisen for the successful candidate to join our client's award winning Conference and Banqueting team. Our client is Europe's leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
* To assist the Conference and Banqueting manager in taking full control of the department and except responsibility for all aspects laid down by the department Standards of Operating Procedures.
* To offer 1st class service to all guests, at all times.
* To prepare training schedules and ensure that regular training exercises are embarked upon by your department.
* Taking responsibility for billing; ensuring all charges are passed on through the correct channels and that dockets are signed for
* To police club rules and ensure they are adhered to in all Conference & Banqueting Areas.
* To communicate all customer feedback to the C&B Manager.
* To operate functions in all areas of the establishment or to delegate responsibility of an event to members of your team.
* To take responsibility for up to 30 staff should the business demand.
* To give team briefings as necessary and pass on all relevant information to the team and Conference and Banqueting manager.
* To assist in completing the weekly Staff Rota, Staffing Forecasts and book agency casual staff; as well as ensure all time sheets are completed and passed on to the relevant source.
* To control labour expenditure in line with the department budget.
* To assist in stock control of all beverage stock and ensure the correct procedures in stock transfers are adhered to.
* To take ownership of Duty Management Shifts in line with the Operations Managers request.
* To be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1973. To inform staff of all health and safety issues. Plus report any item which causes concern to staff or clients health & safety.
The successful candidate will have previous supervisory or managing experience within a Conference and Banqueting team role. Previous experience within a luxury hotel environment is not essential but desirable as you will be overseeing luxury weddings and exclusive conferences and events.
The successful candidate will also be:
* Well organised, outgoing & service minded
* Ability to multitask & troubleshoot throughout the department
* Excellent customer service skills
* Impeccable personal appearance
* Strong interpersonal skills, articulate and confident communicator
* Handles pressure calmly and professionally
* Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
* Personal preference to be on the floor and be prepared to get physically involved in set-ups, clear downs, service and function requests
Our client offers the successful candidate:
* Highly competitive salary
* Career progression through training and development
* 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays
* Free meals whilst on duty
* Discounted rates on facilities
* Free use of the gym
* Uniform and free laundry service
If you believe the role is suitable then please apply here today!!! If you want to call me for more information feel free to contact me on (Apply online only), or