8 months ago
Travel Assistant Manager - Solihill, West Midlands
Unique opportunity for an existing retail travel Assistant Manger or Travel Branch Manager to work in a flagship store for a highly successful independent travel agency. This is an Assistant Manager role, based in Cheltenham, with an exceptional salary and as so would suit branch managers as well, as confident and successful Assistant Managers. Working with the Manager and Team Leaders, to train and motivate nearly 40 travel consultants to offer excellent customer service and exceed targets. This is not for the faint-hearted! We want travel managers with strong leadership qualities, looking to be hands on. Excellent basic, OTE and realistic long-term career progression to management and over roles within this successful expanding travel agency!
- To assist, lead, motivate and develop your team, identifying training and development needs, along with recognising your individual staff's potential and promoting it.
- Be hands on, taking enquiries from European packages to long-haul tailor-made itineraries
- To set targets in accordance to staffing levels, seasons and trends whilst suggesting ideas and solutions to improve revenue and profit.
- Work with the branch manager to ensure that your branch goes from strength-to-strength, reaching and exceeding targets
- To keep your product and brand knowledge up to date whilst having in-depth knowledge of the company's brochures and destinations and preferred suppliers
- Assist the day to day running of the branch in the absence of the branch manager
- Deal with complaints in a calm and diplomatic manner and be able to deal with a wide range of both internal and external customer issues
The ideal candidate will already be working as a retail travel branch manager, and able to demonstrate proven leadership skills and achievement of targets. You will be looking for a new challenge, a bigger team and be prepared to take on an Assistant Manager role, which will reward you and offer you long term progression. Retail Travel Assistant Managers that can step up to this challenge will also be considered!
Salary is dependent on experience, but Branch Managers should not be put off or see this as a 'step back' - the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive basic salary, comparable to travel Branch Managerial salaries. A comprehensive benefits package along with commission and bonuses is also available. This is a company that looks after and rewards it's staff, and that is continuously expanding!
If you are keen to be considered and have the relevant experience, please follow the instructions to apply and attach your CV. For any questions, please contact Kate firstname.lastname@example.org