8 months ago
Assistant Manager / Deputy GM Port Appin, Nr Oban, Argyll on the West Coast of Scotland
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
Visa sponsorship Unavailable, must already have full rights to live and work in the UK
Our client is one of the best regarded small luxury hotels in Scotland. Located on the West coast right in the Scottish Highlands. Surrounded by stunning views, in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. A truly amazing place to live and work.
We have an excellent, opportunity, for a suitably qualified and experienced Assistant Manager / Deputy GM looking to further their career in the higher end of the hospitality market within a luxury hotel in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
There is an option to live on site with our client offering a 2x bed, converted granary, accommodation with separate lounge and kitchen at a heavily subsidised cost of just £300 per month including bills (excluding telephone) for the right candidate.
• A salary of £28,000 to £30,000 per annum
• An opportunity to advance your career in hospitality within a luxury hotel
• The Option to live on site for just £300 per month (bills, except telephone, included)
• The chance to live and work in an area of outstanding beauty
• Be part of an outstanding team delivering a quality service
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Experienced Assistant Hotel Manager / Deputy GM
• Experience in a the boutique / luxury hotel environment
• Experienced, and qualified in, all aspects of hotel and restaurant operational procedures
• The ability to train staff members when required.
• Organised, systematic, patient, motivated, confident and hard working.
• You must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong leadership skills, analytical and problem solving skills, good customer service skills and able to multi-task. You will work well and even thrive under pressure, with minimal supervision.
• You will be able to work independently and be comfortable in deputising for the Hotel General Manager in their absence.
The right candidate will have experience at assistant manager level having previously performed a similar role and looking to progress their career. You will perform duties commensurate with the role including but not limited to the operation of booking systems and procedures, overseeing of events, activities and operations in a luxury hotel in support of the General Manager and be able to assume responsibility in the GM's absence. The right candidate will be able to make necessary, operational, decisions as required and ensure all hotel rules and policies are implemented while delivering outstanding customer service.
The Assistant Manager / Deputy GM will monitor the tasks of personnel and workers, set goals and plans to promote and improve the service of the hotel; and may be tasked to give schedules and assignment to each worker as required. They will handle client's complaints and compliments and make sure that events are well organised with a very high standard of service throughout.
They will welcome guests and customers as they enter the hotel and assist the hotel management team in ensuring a high level of quality is achieved during the entire guest experience.
This is a very special opportunity for a career minded hospitality professional.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.