10 months ago
Calling all Assistant Retail Travel Managers or experienced senior travel consultants who are looking for the next step in their career! Do you thrive off the challenge of increasing travel sales and getting the best out of your travel consultants? My client who is a leading independent retail travel agency are looking for an Assistant Retail Travel Manager to work within their Retail Travel Branch in the Cheltenham area. The successful candidate will need to help maximise the potential of this store and develop its staff. This is a hands on assistant manager role, with a team of experienced Travel Consultants.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
* To assist, lead, motivate and energise your team, identifying training and development needs, along with recognising your individual staff's potential and promoting it.
* Be hands on, taking enquiries from European packages to long-haul tailor-made itineraries
* To set targets in accordance to staffing levels, seasons and trends whilst suggesting ideas and solutions to improve revenue and profit.
* Work with the branch manager to ensure that your branch goes from strength-to-strength, reaching and exceeding targets
* To assist the development of staff
* To keep your product and brand knowledge up to date whilst having in-depth knowledge of the company's brochures and destinations and preferred suppliers
* Assist the day to day running of the branch in the absence of the branch manager
* Deal with complaints in a calm and diplomatic manner and be able to deal with a wide range of both internal and external customer issues
* The successful candidate will ideally have relevant travel management experience or have experience as a Senior Travel Consultant
* You will need to have strong leadership skills
* Strong commercial awareness
* The ability to inspire a team
* A passion for customer service
* A strong track record in sales.
* Excellent geographical knowledge
My client offers a very competitive salary (in the region of £19k) along with additional commission, incentives and bonuses. My client also offers additional benefits including discounts and pension, which make it an attractive package. This is a great company to get in with and then progress up the career ladder with!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link TO APPLY - For further information please call Dave at Travel Trade Recruitment on.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
2 days ago
only 26 days until close