We seek an Assistant Manager – Tourism Centre for a travel client of ours , for one of their Central London Redemption Centres. This is a busy and varied role and we seek candidates with strong customer service skills, some staff management experience, ability to work with lots of tourists from different countries and some good knowledge of London as a tourist destination!
As Assistant Manager – Tourism Centre you will be :
- Assisting tourists with their London travel needs and exchanging vouchers for attractions, theatres and visitor experience tickets
- Showing tourists how to download the Company App which will then offer them lots of discounts and added value to their sightseeing experiences
- Monitoring staff performance, training staff in customer services and reporting any issues to the Manager
- Stock control including Oyster Cards, Travel Cards, Attraction Passes and Guidebooks
- Queue management – sometimes the Centre is very busy
- Report IT issues or stock issues to HQ
- Understanding the product and lots of new tourism product every season
The role would suit someone who has worked :
- In a face to face consumer environment
- Has some connection with the London travel industry
- Has visited a lot of London attractions and has a passion for London
- Ability to help clients quickly when the Centre is busy and keep a sense of humour
- Good organisational skills
- Some man management experience
As Assistant Manager you will support the Manager and share their duties and cover when they are away, and the company welcomes input on how to improve the customer experience from all staff. The Company are one of the fastest growing companies in their sector, have a very low turnover of staff and the staff are proud to work with the professional and fun team. You will also get a lot of interaction with keys tourism attractions and suppliers in London who visit regularly to offer you marketing support.
The Centre is open from 10 til 430 daily – you will be working 2 weekends out of every 4 to help support the team.
We are urgently looking to find the right person for this company – successful candidates will be contacted within 2 working days and we will arrange to meet you to discuss the role and company in full to ensure this is the right career move for you.