Think you have what it takes to manage one of Equity’s excellent ClubHotels in the Alps?
With over 80 years in the business we are leaders in the educational travel sector and as such are looking for Hotel Managers who lead and inspire their teams to deliver the highest level of service to our guests. Mainly catering for schools groups, but with adult guests and families also featuring in our busy seasonal programme, your job will be constantly varied and no two days will be the same!
We need experienced leaders who have gained sound knowledge of all hotel operations; including sales and financial and budget planning. You will be proactive in maximising business opportunities wherever possible. You will be extremely passionate about the hospitality and the ski industry, confident in presenting to different groups of people, excellent communication and customer service skills and proven experience of managing and motivating a team.
Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Managing and controlling all aspects of your hotel to provide an efficient service
- Managing Heads of Departments within the hotel ensuring good communication is maintained throughout, holding weekly team meetings & supporting them throughout the season
- Ensuring the company menus are being adhered to & goods ordered are with nominated suppliers
- Ensuring your team is motivated and enthusiastic
- Responsible for the Customer Service & Hotel Staff development and training to ensure high levels of service are achieved at all times
- Holding weekly meetings with Customer Service staff to ensure ski packs/ski equipment/evening entertainment plan has been organised for the following week
- Implementing disciplinary procedures where required
- Financially managing budgets, stocks, record keeping and banking. Managing sales & maximising profit
- Managing guest satisfaction to the highest degree, encouraging guests to fill out feedback forms & dealing with any complaints
- Effectively managing the guest room occupancy
- Maintaining a high level of competitor awareness
- Ensuring company skis are serviced to a high standard
-Implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with licensing laws, Health & Safety rules and regulations.
You will be supported at every step of the way when starting out in your career with Equity. We have opportunities year-round so your employment doesn’t just have to stop when the snow does!
Can you make the grade? At Equity we are passionate about our staff and offer a competitive package to entice you away from the humdrum of daily life to come and work for us in the sunny, snowy mountains! We will provide full accommodation, insurance, travel to and from the UK, competitive salary, three meals a day, ski hire and a resort lift pass.
Essential: Sound, all-round hotel experience. Previous staff management experience. Pro-active approach. Passionate about the hospitality/ski industry and customer service. Excellent communication. Proven ability to motivate others.
Desirable: Knowledge of French/Italian.