Our client is a long established and dynamic tour operator, now seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join its busy & friendly team. This tour operator offers various types of travels including group tours, meetings, FITs, incentives, events and leisure travel. This exciting Bookkeeper role entails a wide range of tasks in which no day will be the same, this includes:
• Provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of general ledger, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash book maintenance.
• Setting up new client / supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the sales and purchase ledger.
• Producing sales invoices and credit notes.
• Running off weekly sales and purchase reports
• Credit control - Chasing up outstanding debts before the client is due to arrive into the UK.
• Work out VAT on supplier invoices.
• Pay out money via BACS as well as prepayments to suppliers.
• Check and reconcile supplier statements.
• Enter purchase and sales invoices into the accounting system.
• Prepare supplier invoices.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role and industry. MUST be from a hotel, travel or leisure background.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
• Knowledge of a computerised accounting package, such as TAS or similar.
• High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
• Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
• Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
• Lucrative salary
• Sociable working hours
• Career progression
• Travel perks
• Opportunity to work for a forward thinking and dynamic tour operator, in state of the art offices, within a friendly team in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES FROM THE TOURISM INDUSTRY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POST.