Global Tourism Technology Supplier who have a range of products used by attractions, art galleries, museums, cultural tourism venues, tour operators, wholesalers and DMC’s seek a Business Development Executive to work closely with the UK tourism and travel and attraction industry, account managing key clients and developing new sales channels to drive sales for this important market.
The Company office worldwide offices and are constantly developing new products (including Apps and digital destination guides and audio guides) for the Global tourism sector.
Due to expected growth in the UK market they are recruiting a new team of Business Development Executives whose roles will include :
- identifying new business leads within the UK tourism sector
- working with the Arts, attractions and visitor experience companies to develop new sales
- working with tour operators, wholesalers and DMC’s offering expert technical solutions to improve sightseeing experiences
- developing long term relationships
- attending sales missions, trade shows, events
- representing the company at industry events such as UKinbound, ETOA, and other trade bodies
- attending major shows such as WTM, BTTF
- preparing bespoke presentations to clients for their specific needs
- negotiating with senior decision makers
Business Development Executives ideally will have :
- worked in the UK tourism industry either contracting rates or in a sales role
- sales minded approach and desire to succeed d in sales
- ability to close deals
- great communication skills
- educated to degree level
- fluency in English –a 2nd European language will be useful
- preferred candidates will have worked in contracting for a UK inbound tour operator so will have a good knowledge of the industry or in a sales capacity with a hotel or attraction
The Company are globally well established, and re opening new offices regularly to handle the growth of business. They are about to enjoy a great expansion of their UK business and you will be instrumental in that success. They have attracted very high profile talent to the company and if you lack experience, they are happy to train and develop sales people. You should be tech minded to understand some of the products you will be selling but its essential you have worked in the UK travel industry to have the contacts of many of the companies you will be account managing.
Its a great opportunity for someone already established in sales, or someone who wants to follow a career in sales.
Successful Business Development Executive candidates will be contacted within 2 working days – we will arrange to meet you to discuss the role and company in full to ensure this is the right career move for you – since 2001 we have helped many people find the right career so we hope we can help you – all applications are treated in the utmost confidence.