Our client is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join the sales team of one of the UK's leading premium coffee and vending machine suppliers.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Ideal Position Location: South East
Salary: 25,000 to 35,000 (based on experience) + Pension + Car
Reporting to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for new business generation, primarily targeting the forecourt, convenience and retail markets across London and the South East. Applicants must have a credible background in a field sales environment, ideally with a retail/coffee background. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills with a 'can do' philosophy to your activity. You will be able to keep a cool head under pressure maintaining the ability to prioritise, organise, and plan your activity to achieve results.
The role is covering the South East, so travel is a key element of this position. The role is 100% new business to begin with, reverting to 80% account management and 20% new business once a significant client base has been developed.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
* Comfortable and adept at identifying the right level of decision-maker within target organizations, with the aim of building rapport and relationships and ultimately influencing buying decisions.
* Self-management and planning of their activities, while being open and collaborative in sharing that information and reporting back on their activities.
* Sales planning management in a fast paced distribution environment, ideally within the retail and forecourt markets.
* Prepare and generate product line quotations meeting company pricing guidelines and customers' logistic needs.
* Provide accurate rolling sales and product demand forecasts.
* Ability to communicate at all levels including suppliers.
* Good general sales process knowledge and the ability to start from Cold.
It is essential that applicants have excellent organisational and communication skills as our sales teams are provided with autonomy and the trust to make decisions in the field. The Business Development Manager will have regular contact with the company and customers but must also be able to demonstrate excellent team building capabilities with the motivation to work individually day to day on achieving targets.
If you are an experienced Business Development Manager with a hunger for new business, and the ambition and drive to succeed with 100% new business, please submit your CV now for consideration.