Business Development Manager. West London. Salary up to £36,000.
Our client is a world leader in travel services for the Performing Arts.
They have over 60 years’ experience in travel logistics and travel management, comprising of three separate divisions which encompass all aspects of travel for both professional and amateur musicians as well as escorted holidays for music enthusiasts.
Job Description Overview
The Business Development Manager needs to be a self-starter and be prepared to be flexible in their approach to work, balancing their time between all areas of this dynamic position. The role will be divided between helping to expand the company client base, but also assisting the Reservations Team in day-day travel bookings for their clients.
Business Development Manager Job Description:
- Lead generation – responsible for sourcing, generating and following up business leads
- Source prospective companies for warm-calling campaigns from numerous sources i.e. prospect databases, web-sites, Google based on pre-determined criteria i.e. size of company, region.
- Qualifying prospects and appointment making
- Attending client meetings and performing informative sales presentations
- Preparation of proposal documents
- Production of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and contracts in conjunction with their operating procedures.
- Provision of weekly progress reports to Managing Director
- Accurately recording client information and interaction through database updates.
- Attending exhibitions and external supplier meetings.
- Liaising with Operational Team for the successful integration of new clients.
- Assisting with marketing the brand through campaigns, including social media, website, handouts and email.
- Booking all means of travel for the client using GDS (Amadeus)
- To source the very best & most cost effective worldwide routes booking all flights, rail, hotel and all ground products for your clients.
- Knowledge of airlines and their products, city codes and geography, ticketing & invoicing
- General administration tasks.
Business Development Manager Key Skills:
- Ability to use a GDS system (Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre)
- Experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Powerpoint, Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of the Performing Arts industry desirable.
For further information, please contact Paul in the Business Travel team.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £100 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!