Can you inspire a team to achieve challenging targets? Do you have Cafe or Coffee shop experience? Do you have experience of motivating and leading a team? Then read on!
We are looking for exceptional individuals used to working to Key Performance Indicators and driving sales to join our store. This is an M&S Cafe format located in the John Radcliffe Hospital.
- Duty manage the store in the Store Manager's absence
- Act on the daily store review and ensure relevant store standards checks are carried out and any necessary action is taken
- Motivate & coach the team to deliver individual and store targets, including average transaction value and add on sales
- Performance management of staff - lateness, absence, poor work rate, poor service
- Stock management including promotions and on-shelf availability
- Implement the company security policy to reduce shrink and losses
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Work with the management team to guarantee staff availability on the shop floor through coordinating your team's rotas and attendance
- Follow company policies and procedures relating to cash, stock and Human Resources
- Ensure store is fully compliant with pricing, promotions, legislation and Health and Safety
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve targets
- Proven experience of working to and achieving challenging sales targets
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused retail environment
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the performance management process
Develop and Progress with Us
As an employee of WHSmith you will have the unique opportunity to undertake 'work based learning' training programmes which will enable you to gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification. WHSmith work in partnership with Lifetime to develop the knowledge and skills needed to move your career forward within our stores .
Why Join us?
WHSmith is a household name as we have been established for over 200 years. Our company has grown from strength to strength and we now have over 600 high street stores and over 750 travel outlets at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway service areas across the UK plus an online store; .
Year on year we announce a strong set of financial results and have shown good profit performance across the Group in a challenging trading environment. In return for all your hard work and commitment you will receive comprehensive training and on-going support from your Area Manager. In addition to this, our excellent benefits package includes; 25 days holiday, generous staff discount* and annual performance related bonus*.
It all adds up to excellent career opportunities and the chance make a real impact on the Company's success. If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
*after initial qualifying period.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"