4 months ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Tenterden Leisure Centre offers a range of sporting and leisure activities to all age groups and abilities. With a modern sports venue to include a fully equipped fitness suite, fantastic leisure pool with various features and several classes and activities on offer.
We are looking to recruit Casual Catering Assistants for Tenterden Leisure Centre to work on an as and when required basis. The Catering Assistant`s role is to work within the catering team to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will also ensure food is hygienically prepared and served in accordance with standards laid down by the Catering Supervisor.
- Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are complied with.
- Prepare food and beverages as necessary in accordance with cafe menus.
- Replenish stocks within the cafe and vending machines as required.
- Ensure brand standards are maintained and promoted.
- Carry out cleaning duties to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout.
- Undertake and record temperature checks and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and all relevant Food Safety Legislation and smoke free law is complied with.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager.
Skills and Experience:
- The Catering Assistant should have excellent customer care and communication skills and both independently and as part of a team.
- The Catering Assistant would benefit from holding a Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene or Level 2 Award in Food Safety in catering or equivalent.
- An Intermediate certificate in food safety is desirable.
- The Catering Assistant should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge in a food retail operation or service led organisation.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
28 days ago
only 2 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close