5 months ago
Job Advert Catering Manager
What are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Catering Manager at an established Academy secondary school in Bishop Auckland with around 1,400 students on site. The school offers breakfast, mid-morning, lunch and hospitality as well as a busy sixth form caf. We are looking to recruit a Catering Manager who ideally has worked in the commercial sector or better still, the education contract catering sector. We are looking for someone with a real passion for fresh food & excellent customer service. You must be a good communicator and will need to demonstrate experience & confidence in driving innovative menus.
What`s on offer?
Chef Manager - 21,292- 23,616 p.a. (dependent on experience) based on a 37 hour week, 41 weeks (term time plus 10 additional days) plus pro rata holiday pay. This is a term time only position.
What are to job specifics?
Responsibilities of role
- Primarily a 'hands on' position preparing food using seasonal, fresh ingredients and working within the financial parameters of the contract.
- Maintain a fantastic and close relationship focusing on a whole school approach.
- Provide and maintain an efficient service under all areas of your control, following St. John`s values, policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain statutory standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and visitors
- Oversee services and manage a team of 15 to ensure service excellence at all times.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have a real passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Knowledge of special diets and ability to be innovative in meetings different dietary needs
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be both creative and innovative demonstrating up to date with current trends
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Be financially astute and an ability to work within targets
- Demonstrate confidence with a 'Can do' attitude
- Have a passion to continually drive sales via seeking customer feedback and introducing new initiatives.
What are the benefits? The vacancy represents an opportunity to join our successful, vibrant school for students aged 11 to 19. A recent inspection found that '`Staff and students are passionate about the joyful experience of living and working at St John`s`` and the catering team play an integral role in our community.
The successful candidate will have the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
What are the requirements?
St John`s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and appointment is dependent on this being satisfactory. In addition, two references from previous employers will be required, and this forms part of the condition of employment at St John`s. .
We promote inclusivity and we are an Equal Opportunities employer.
What do I need to do next?
If you feel you have the right skill set taking into account the information in this advert, please click apply, and take the next steps to a rewarding career at St John`s.
Closing date for this vacancy is 31.10.16
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
4 days ago
only 24 days until close