We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join one of our highly successful and well respected kitchen teams. Working closely with the Chef De Partie’s and Sous Chef in order to assist with the preparation and cooking of produce within the different sections of the kitchen you will demonstrate an appetite for learning and be a hands on team member willing to assist wherever your expertise is required.
The purpose of this role is to prepare consistent, high quality Brasserie style food and ensure a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the restaurant’s operating concept and reflects the Hotel’s high standards.
You will be an integral team player able to support and adapt to other sections when required and cooperate with the busy demands of a professional kitchen. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an award winning team with a reputation for excellence throughout the industry.
To be successful in your application for the position of Commis Chef, you must possess the
Commis Chef Hours: 45 hours per week (5 days out of 7, including weekends)
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms
containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want
to be noticed and recognized for your individual contribution then this is the company for you. As a
result of our success we are a rapidly expanding group and therefore are able to offer excellent career progression along with individually tailor made career development plans.
The behaviours we value at Firmdale are;
• Positive can do attitude, Enthusiastic and passionate, Consistently professional, Friendly and
Attentive, Interested and Driven and Genuine/Loyal/Honest
The behaviours our managers will demonstrate are;
• Genuine care for their people, Customer focused, Involve people and Empower, Show consistent appreciation, Show real trust, Listen and Act, Give clear expectations, Encourage teamwork, Driven/Passionate and Ensure work is fun.
Benefits for working for Firmdale;
• Extensive training and development opportunities, Career planning and progression.
• Competitive salaries
• Free Dry Cleaning for uniforms and discounted dry cleaning for employees personal items
• Meals on duty
• Incremental Holiday starting at 20 and going up a day each year to 25 days.
• Experience Vouchers (which are redeemable during your employment)
• Departmental Incentive Schemes
• Recruitment Incentive Scheme
• Employee of the month/year awards
Why should you choose Firmdale?
At Firmdale we work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction, as such you will be part of an
award winning team who take service to another level. We are a market leader and a rapidly expanding Company that can offer fantastic career opportunities. To facilitate our expansion we have a policy to wherever possible, promote from within. At Firmdale, each individual employee is valued – here you are not just another number, you are key to our future success.
We offer a fantastic spectrum of training opportunities. The training available ranges from soft
management to detailed technical skills; examples of these are Train the Trainer, Leadership, Learning Academies and much more.
Firmdale is a Company you will be proud to work for. We are individual, stylish, modern and elegant.
In recognition of our commitment to investing in our people we have won the following awards;
• Winner Springboard Award for Excellence - "Best career progression" 2007
• Winner Training Journal "Best customer service initiative" 2008
• Winner Springboard Award for Excellence - "Best initiative to attract people into management"
• Winner Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2000, 2006, 2009