Credit Control Supervisor
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Finance team in this job as Credit Control Supervisor. The Credit Control Supervisor will be located in our head office in South Essex, working within a team of 15 staff handling all matters relating to the accounts and the other subsidiaries within the holding group.
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of credit control for our client, ensuring that payments are received on time, accuracy of financial information and that all deadlines are met. A high level of Customer Service will need to be maintained at all times effectively dealing with challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
The Credit Control Supervisor will report directly to the Management Accountant and subsequently to the Group Accountant who heads up the Department.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Work and Outlook. Knowledge of Sage will also be an advantage.
• Be dynamic and ability to adapt changes
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure is a key requirement of the role.
• Ability to do overtime as and when required. • Extremely Strong numeric and analytical skills. (Accountancy/finance qualification would be advantageous).
• Have good verbal and written communications skills. (Excellent telephone manner).
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• To be well groomed and dressed in the work place.
• To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
• Previous experience in managing a credit control team is essential.
• Travel industry experience preferable.
• Spanish Speaker will be preferable.
• A highly organised approach to work.
• Chasing and collecting payment to ensure invoices due for payment are paid on a timely basis.
• Ensuring key management reports and KPIs are produced on a regular basis. • Build relationships with professional staff to ensure the correct approach is achieved when chasing overdue debt. • Manage & motivate a team of 6 Accounts Assistants. • Review current procedures and processes and help with the implementation of any changes. • Proactively take responsibility for the escalation of developing issues.
• Sales and purchase ledger update and maintenance.
• Effectively communicating with agents and direct passengers in a confident and professional manner.
• Invoice processing and all associated administration activity on an in-house system
• General ad hoc accounts work within the Department.
• Reconciling control accounts.
• Assisting in preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Assisting journal entry for cost allocation and prepayments. • Reconciling supplier statement and assisting in processing payments.