We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Finance team as a French / English Speaking Credit Control Assistant, on a permanent basis. The Credit Control Assistant will be located in our head office in South Essex, you will be working within a team of 15 staff handling all matters relating to the accounts within Cruise & Maritime Voyages Ltd and the other subsidiaries within the holding group.
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of credit control for the company, ensuring accuracy of financial information, that payments are received on time and that all deadlines are met. A high level of Customer Service and excellent telephone manner will need to be maintained at all times, effectively dealing with challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Work and Outlook. Knowledge of Sage will also be an advantage.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure is a key requirement of the role.
• Ability to do overtime as and when required.
• To be a team player and be able to work on your own initiative.
• To be well groomed and dressed in the work place.
• To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
• To ensure that all agents and direct bookings are paid on time.
• Effectively dealing with all payment queries from agents and direct German and English passengers.
• Effectively communicating with agents and direct passengers in a confident and professional manner.
• General ad hoc accounts work within the Department.
• Reconciling control accounts.
• A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service.
• Free on-site car parking.
• Newly refurbished office.
• Discounts on selected travel services.
• Excellent training opportunities including the change to cruise.