7 days ago
Perform duty management on a rota basis to share management responsibility with General Manager on a daily basis.
* Take particular responsibility for the Reception and Housekeeping departments.
* Oversee the Personnel function - maintain staff records and assist with departmental training, induction of staff and sickness records.
* To be responsible for the keeping of accurate revenue and expenditure records, statistics and other Head Office returns.
* To take responsibility on a shared basis for the liquor and food stock at the Hotel.
* Report to the General Manager all matters relating to staff performance, discipline, Customer relations.
* Ensure the daily bookings are carried out and the cash reconciliation has been satisfactorily achieved by cash handlers. Ensure that the floats are checked regularly by those responsible.
* To oversee staff working rotas to ensure that whilst peak periods of business are adequately covered by staff, economy of working hours is achieved for low revenue periods.
* To ensure that the Hotels expenditure budget is not exceeded.
* To be aware of legislation affecting employment of staff and personnel matters.
* Assist the General Manager in identifying recruitment needs and planning the labour resource.
* To take responsibility for all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff.
* Provide quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional way to ensure consistent delivery of product and service standards.
* To comply with statutory and legal requirements for first aid, fire, health & safety, food hygiene and licensing, and to check that members of the team are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with these requirements.
* To undertake any other duties as and when required by senior management.
To apply, or request further information, please forward your CV or call the office on (Apply online only).
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Cordant People who are operating as an employment Agency. Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer. Please note, if you do not hear back within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful at this time