Deputy Store Manager. Are you an energetic and enthusiastic sales manager with a travel background and looking for an outstanding new challenge in a thriving and dynamic company? Are you hungry for success and crave the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills within a business that’s passionate about your development?
Our Multi-Award Winning client is on the look-out for the business leaders of the future. They are currently recruiting for a Deputy Store Manager to join the team in their Newcastle store.
It’s a really exciting time to join this business as they embark on a period of accelerated growth and expansion. They’re looking for an incredibly talented individual with experience in the travel industry who is ready to progress to a managerial role, where the sky really is the limit when it comes to career progression.
This is a challenging but hugely rewarding role. You will be responsible for leading your team to success, with the full support of a dedicated Regional Sales Manager and the teams at our client’s Head Office. Your main focuses will be delivering an outstanding customer service, taking full autonomy of your store and growing business in your local area, and most importantly, becoming a mentor to your team to help them with their own development and success.
Deputy Store Manager Job Description:
- Delivering results, including driving individual and store targets as well as achievement set KPIs
- Inspire, motivate and mentor your team, helping them flourish and ensure they reach their potential
- Work with your team on their own Personal Development Plans and set goals for progression and achievement
- Bring new ideas to the table for business growth, including establishing and nurturing relationships with local businesses, driving in-store events and liaising with marketing to work on a localised marketing strategy
- Ensure your store is delivering on all sales targets and is contributing to business profitability
- Stand as a proud Brand Ambassador, ensuring positive brand promotion internally and externally
- Lead with exceptional customer service and have a real passion for people.
- You will be responsible for ensuring key business messages and decisions are clearly communicated to your team
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Previous experience managing a retail travel agency is required
- You’ll have a genuine passion for travel and a thirst for enhancing your own knowledge of the ever-changing travel industry and emerging destination trends. You should also be able to channel this enthusiasm within your team
- Tenacious and driven with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- You’ll be a leader by nature, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team on a daily basis
- You should possess a highly positive outlook, even when challenges present themselves to you
- Confident and a self-starter – our client is looking for someone who believes in themselves and can make sound decisions based on their own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to really changeable or reactive situations
- You should be very commercially aware, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping abreast of competitor activity
- Communication skills are essential – our client is looking for an individual that can confidently communicate with people at all levels of the business and adapt accordingly when speaking with clients
What’s on offer:
Our client don’t simply offer jobs. They offer careers, with real development and growth prospects. They’re rapidly expanding across the UK with 76 retail outlets and even more planned for 2020, which means there’s huge opportunity for career progression. You’ll also be joining a family of brilliant colleagues; who love working hard but also play even harder. Take a look at some of the many benefits on offer:
- Competitive base salary of up to £25,000 DOE, with additional earnings through commission and bonus schemes
- Incredible incentives; from all-expenses paid bucket-list holidays and free flights, to iPads and Love2Shop Vouchers , there’s the chance to win great prizes every single month
- The opportunity to travel the world, thanks to our client’s incredible worldwide familiarisation trips which are designed to enhance your product knowledge
- A Personal Development Plan and continued training and development. Tell our client your career-goals and they’ll work with you to help you achieve them
- Generous staff discounts for your own holidays plus discounts available for family and friends
- Up to 34 days of annual leave (well, you need time to enjoy those amazing holiday discounts, don’t you?)
- The opportunity to take paid overtime
- A hugely varied company benefits scheme which includes amazing discounts with high street retailers and access to child-care vouchers
- Personal life assurance policy
- Pension scheme
- The chance to attend some unique industry and teambuilding events throughout the year PLUS each year our client host a company awards party to celebrate their fantastic teams and raise a glass (or two) to the coming year
- Charity is a huge part of our client’s life and all employees get one paid day per year to dedicate to voluntary work for a charity of their choice
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company, selling a product you love, whilst reaping the rewards of an extremely generous bonus structure within a fun and exciting industry.
Sounds Like you?
To apply, submit your CV letting us know why you’re the perfect fit and let us know your career goals and ambitions, or simply give us a call to discuss the role further.
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.