Duty Office Executive
£20-£24k Plus Bonus
Free Parking & Excellent Benefits
A highly successful travel company with exciting growth plans are looking for an experienced Duty Office Executive to provide operational 24/7 support, 365 days a year, to their clients by monitoring Worldwide events, FCO advice and alerts from other Trade Partners.
Will then be proactive in running reports to identify any bookings affected and communicating updates to clients. The duty office also provide support for any in resort issues or emergency situations.
Working rota includes 12hr shifts, 3 on 3 off including night shifts.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively with clients
- Pro-actively chasing information from our direct contracts and suppliers whilst building and maintaining effective relationships
- Assist clients with any in resort issues.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Issue new flight tickets outside of normal office hours.
- Working to a rotating shift pattern, providing 24/7 support on a 3 on, 3 off basis. Shifts are 7am -7pm day shift, 7pm - 7am Night shift, and a Mid Shift which is flexible to suit business needs.
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly.
- Supporting other departments namely Helpdesk and Aftersales.
Summary of Essential Attributes and Qualifications
- Experience of working in travel
- Able to work unusual hours/out of hours support (24/7 on a rotating shift pattern)
- Communicating effectively with customers and colleagues
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable) - to obtain best possible flight options/fares.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- Ability to issue and re-issue flight tickets.
- Dealing with duty office/in resort issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work with various methods of communication
- Problem solving
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
To apply for this excellent Duty Office Executive role and join this leading Travel Company please call Simon on, or apply below
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.