5 months ago
Are you looking for a new and exciting Travel role?? My client is a leading travel tour operator who are looking to employ an Operations administrator to their offices. My client has a fantastic reputation and this is a fantastic opening to join a respected tours company. As part of the Operations team you will be ensuring the smooth running of their escorted tours programme. Assisting in the preparation of short and long haul tours by making bookings, preparing paperwork and general office administration. You will be Dealing with day-to-day issues that arise whilst the tours are running. This a great opening and further details are below!
As part of the Operations team ensuring the smooth running of our escorted tours programme. Assisting in the preparation of short and long-haul tours by making bookings, preparing paperwork and general office administration.
Providing support and information to Tour Managers before, during and after the tour, and ensuring that their paperwork is correct and on time.
Dealing with day-to-day issues that arise whilst the tours are running.
* Liaising with suppliers to confirm all specific tour details (bookings/TM details/split groups/transfer guides/Personalise Your Holiday etc)
* Preparing/checking client itinerary and relevant tour documentation
* Ensure all correct bookings required for each tour are in place
* Completing programme sheets for each tour (detailing all bookings and providing a day-to-day tour itinerary with timings)
* Meeting deadlines for sending paperwork to TMs
* Problem solving in relation to Operational Issues (flight cancellations/delays, missed flights, strikes, lost tickets, sickness etc.)
* Ensuring any payments for suppliers have been processed with Finance Department
Immediately prior to, and during tours:
* Contacting TMs to ensure all paperwork received and answering queries, advising of cancellations or alterations to tour
* Answering queries arising from tour, including transport enquiries, client illness and unexpected changes to itineraries
* Dealing with feedback from TMs, including reading de-briefs, discussing any problems that arose that could be addressed from the office
* Providing 24-hour support for the Out of Hours Team, in 1 week blocks for approximately, but not limited to, 5 weeks per year, agreed on a rota basis
* Providing full On Call cover from home on an occasional basis when Out of Hours Team not available (an additional payment will be made for periods of seconder or On Call cover)
* Providing support and information to Tour Managers
* Answering queries from Reservations Department and clients regarding tour timings and content
* Assisting in the setting up of new tours, including planning day-to-day itinerary, negotiating with suppliers, conducting pre-tour recce and obtaining relevant information/maps etc.
* Keeping systems up to date with tour/guide details
* Being pro-active in maintaining the quality of the tours
The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on a weekly shift basis rotating the following three shifts:
The shift rota will be advised at least 3 months in advance.
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good personal organisational skills
* Strong commitment to great customer service, in dealing with clients, Tour Managers and suppliers
* Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, and administrative systems such as Outlook and Microsoft Word
* Language skills (Italian preferable)
Salary £20,000 - £21,000 plus bonus, incentives and great company benefits.
Please call me onor
You can also apply via the link below
28 days ago
only 8 hours until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close