16 days ago
Our hotel has a fairly busy F&B operation, with breakfast served daily in our large upstairs rooms and lunch & dinner in the lounge. We also cater for weddings throughout the year, upwards of (Apply online only) people, which can be held indoors as well as outside - weather depending. Circa 3-5 weddings are held depending on time of the year.
We are know keen to appoint a Food & Beverage Manager to join the team with sole responsibility for all F&B operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To take control and responsibility for the smooth and efficient operation of the bar and lounge, ensuring facilities are maintained to the standards required and the departmental budgeted profitability is achieved.
* To identify training needs are identified and shortfalls corrected.
* Utilize food & beverage team members between all outlets to minimize payroll expenditure and ensure flexibility of the team
* To provide food and beverage service within all outlets whilst maintaining brand standards
* Maintain good working relationships with colleagues
* Have excellent personal presentation and adhere to the company standards of appearance at all times
* Maintain high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to every task undertaken
* Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
* Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
* Take a responsible approach to timekeeping and attendance, be aware of the policies and support your department when required
* Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
* Familiarize yourself with our vales which link to the desired competencies that we expect all our employees to display.
* Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
* Work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
* Work with your line manager on areas such as:
* Planning for future staffing needs
* Recruitment in line with company guidelines
* Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
* Ensuring appropriate training is carried out and training programmes are designed to implement and meet department's needs including induction. Ensure training records are kept
* Coach and counsel staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
* Lead by example
* Supervise the team in such a manner that our guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return
* Lead and motivate staff in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment and encourage a flexible approach
* Have all-round knowledge of the different shifts and responsibilities of all team members
* Ensure our guests receive an exceptional level of service and want to return
* Anticipate guests' needs and provide service to exceed their expectations
* Take appropriate action with regards to guest feedback
* Comply with brand, hotel and company SOPs
* Ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage, wear and tear
* Assist with on-going departmental cleaning, collect any litter, remove/report hazards
* Remain sales focused at all times through promoting your product and up-selling where possible, and encouraging your team to do the same
* Be fully aware of the hotel facilities, along with other hotels within the company portfolio
* Ensure staff follow cash handling and credit procedures. Report and try to rectify any discrepancies immediately
* Ensure that work is carried out in a way that is cost efficient and understand the ways in which profit can be maximized
* Understand departmental forecasts and the importance of their contribution to the business success
* Monitor stock and assist the manager with stock control and ordering
* Understand your role and responsibilities in terms of the hotel Health & Safety Policy including completion of all mandatory training
* Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
* Understand your responsibilities with regards to security
* Proactively pursue all practices in line with Company environmental and energy saving initiatives
* Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
* Have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV in Word format and one of our consultant's will be in touch to discuss the role further with you.
***UK & EU APPLICANTS ONLY
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close