3 months ago
Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager
40,000 - 45,000
Commutable from: Kidderminster, Leominster, Worcester, Hereford, Ludlow, West Midlands
A leading FMCG Food Manufacturer is now seeking a Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager to join their manufacturing site on the Worcester / Hereford border. The successful Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager will be responsible for promoting high levels of food safety across the site, acting as key liaison for food safety issues and implementing any new processes and procedures from the group. The Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager will have responsibility for 3 direct reports as will deputise for the Site Quality Technical Manager in their absence.
The successful Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager will be degree educated in food safety, microbiology or equivalent and have extensive experience within the food manufacturing sector in a technical, quality or compliance capacity. You will have relevant food safety knowledge and experience including HACCP, auditing and hygiene.
Food Safety Manager / Assistant Technical Manager Responsibilities include:
- Implementation, maintenance and review /continuous improvement of site HACCP
- Continuous improvement in areas of responsibility
- Ownership of site Raw Material Risk Assessment
- Coach to conclusion the resolution of escalated food safety issues from manufacturing sites.
- Educate key stakeholders on relevant industry Best Practices and customers standards
- Conduct gap analysis against standards related to areas of responsibility
- Participate on definition of food safety requirements and standards for the business
- Participate on definition of business food safety and quality objectives
- Manage and implement continuous improvement projects linked to pre-requisite programmes
- Manage or implement Excel projects as required per business
- Represent the group at trade & regulatory organisations .
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website
4 days ago
only 19 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
17 days ago
only 4 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close