1. A good understanding and at least 3 years hands-on cooking and kitchen management experience of large scale food production in a school or similar multicultural environment to specified deadlines and in accordance with laid down standards.
2. 2 years' experience of staff and budget management in a multicultural environment.
3. A recognised catering qualification preferably with HND/City & Guilds/ NVQ Level 3 /job related equivalent and at least CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety Certificate
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
4. Ability to market the catering services.
5. Ability to instruct and train staff.
6. Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
7. Ability to use own initiative, prioritise workload and respond positively to changing work demands.
8. An awareness of, and ability to implement equal opportunities policies in employment and services delivery.
9. Good communication skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels.
10. Physical ability to carry out the functions of the post with aid and adaptation if necessary.
11. Knowledge and ability to operate within set budgets and keep accurate financial records
12. Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Safety Act, and other relevant legislation.
13. Commitment to continuous quality improvement and ability to set up systems to achieve such.
14. Ability to use basic information technology packages and/or willingness to undergo training for such