Edinburgh based General Manager – well established UK Inbound tour operator seeks a General Manager to manage the sales, operations, contracting, finance and marketing teams.
A busy and varied role. You will join a well known company who work with a variety of international markets, handling leisure groups, FIT’s, incentives and special interest tours throughout the UK and Ireland. The Company have a number of offices and overseas representatives and used the latest software and equipment.
As General Manager your role will involve :
- Managing all departments and setting strategy
- Mentor, motivate and guide an experienced and professional team
- Drive and deliver the commercial performance of the business
- Implement procedures and delegate responsibilities
- Conduct staff appraisals and mange recruitment processes
- Research new client opportunities and oversee product development
- Oversee all commercial opportunities
- Report directing to the MD
- Working closely with key tourism suppliers
- Attend major trade shows and events both in the UK and globally
General Manager candidates must have :
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the inbound tourism sector
- Fluency in English – a 2nd European language will be useful
- Proven man management skills
- Numerate and be able to understand complex reports
- Flexibility to travel
- Proven commercial skills
- Great product knowledge of the UK and Ireland
As General Manager you will be joining a successful and professionally run company with a great reputation. The Company have invested in the latest technology and invested in various parts of the business. You will be very involved in all management decisions and be able to make changes if they are commercially viable. The company will offer the candidate a good salary and a bonus of £ 10,000 - £ 15,000 so OTE could be in region of £ 60,000 +.
Successful General Manager candidates will be contacted within 2 working days and we will discuss the role and company in detail with you. Since 2001 we have helped many people find the right career in the UK – we work in a confidential manner and work closely within the inbound tourism sector, active in UKInbound and ETOA. We have a reputation of finding the right careers for our candidates. We hope we can help you.