Graphic Designer/Artworker (Maternity Cover – 14 months)
My client is a leading upmarket travel company.
They are now looking to recruit a Graphic Designer/Artwork on a 14 months maternity cover with the possibility to go permanent.
Candidates are required to have previous experience within the travel industry.
The Graphic Designer/Artworker will have a wide range of design responsibilities including the creation of brochures, offline adverts, online banners, leaflets, stationery, etc.
You will be someone with creativity and a pride in your work, a natural technical problem-solving outlook, an ability to work to deadlines and to work independently as well as being part of a team.
Excellent communication skills are essential as the successful candidate will work closely with other departments and external suppliers.
Candidates MUST have extensive experience and knowledge of Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Google Word Designer. Experience of HTML5 is a also an advantage.
Graphic Designer/Artwork Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of marketing material including offline adverts, brochures, leaflets and stationery using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Quickprint
- Creation of online banner adverts using Google Web Designer and Dreamweaver
- Provide imagery to our PR agency for use in articles and for use in email campaigns
- Work to tight deadlines ensuring these are met with total accuracy
- Control, maintain and develop the in-house picture library and to use appropriately, including sourcing from online image libraries
- Manipulate graphic applications to produce periphery artwork such as maps, cut outs, special effects and image enhancements
- Maintain efficient working practices, good communications and relationships with all associated departments
Graphic Designer/Artworker Experience Required:
- Previous experience working in a design department within the travel industry is preferred
- Graphic Design qualification
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver (all within Creative Cloud)
- Google Web Designer
- HTML5 advantageous
- accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation and a full command of the English language is essential
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment
Graphic Designer/Artworker Salary and Benefits:
- £25,000 (non negotiable)
- Monday to Friday
- 23 days holidays
- Discounted holiday and travel concessions
To apply for this Graphic Designer/Artworker role, please or contact me onfor additional information.