Group Reservations Executive – £18-22k – Central London
Do you have a passion for travel? A leading Inbound Tour Operator are looking for an enthusiastic Group Reservations Executive to join their vibrant team. Someone with a keen interest in dealing with UK & Irish suppliers who wants to increase their knowledge and advance within their career will thrive in this role!
As a Group Reservations Executive, what will you be doing?
· Book & negotiate group space in accordance with the itineraries
· Negotiating group rates with hotels throughout to ensure bookings are made within budget and client’s requirements
· Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles
· Ensure that best rates and terms are contracted to ensure profit margins are maintained
· Building and maintaining relationships with hotels and other suppliers
· Represent the company at trade shows from time to time
· Hotel site inspections
· Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business, sustainable relationships and effective service
· Manage, organise, and update relevant data using database applications
· Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures
· Day to day contact with suppliers including hoteliers and other service providers;
· Emergency mobile cover on a rota basis
· Responsibility for booking scholl and group bookings for “A View from the Shard”, including upselling other services where possible
· Any other office duties as required
What do they expect from you?
· Professional fluency in English is required
· Numerate, strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
· Excellent customer service skills with an approach that consistently seeks to go above and beyond
· Strong negotiation skills and has sound commercial acumen
· An empathetic ability to listen and thereafter communicate effectively and articulately
· Extremely organised with an unflappable approach that can successfully multi-task is a real must
· Has the approach of a self-starter that takes real pride in their work while still enjoying and recognising the importance of being part of a team
· A positive outlook with a flexible approach that actively seeks out solutions
Company Benefits and Incentives?
· Competitive salary
· Team bonding and festivities
Vibrant company culture