Group Travel Specialist - Brighton - Competitive
This friendly UK based Group Travel Specialist, were established over 20 years ago specialising in educational group leisure breaks for adult groups. They thrive on entrepreneurial spirit and are constantly evolving to provide excellent customer care, delivering an exceptional tour experience to their customers. The role is based in their Leisure Department which creates breaks away from a wide variety of groups
They are looking for a highly motivated & creative individual who is driven to exceed sales targets and has a strong entrepreneurial streak to identify sales opportunities to grow our sales. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and have a strong intuition as to what will succeed in this market.
Group Travel Specialist - Key Responsibilities
- Predominantly a telephone-based role although with some face to face meetings will be required
- Dealing with inbound enquiries from Group Leaders and direct customers
- Identifying and approaching potential new Leisure Group Travel markets
- Building strong relationships with clients and key accounts
- Attending company events
- Outbound prospecting to various groups in retail, social and sporting sectors with possible on-site visits in an effort to build a strong customer base
- Attending exhibitions on behalf of the company
- Reserve key elements of the tour before handover to Operations
- Liaise with the operator as required to ensure excellent customer journey experience
- You will need to build a strong relationship with Customer Operations, Marketing and Product to ensure that as a company you and your team deliver the highest quality experience for our customers.
- Manage your own customer leads and be accountable for your sales and KPI's.
- Make customer service calls on your returning customers to build a future repeat booking pipeline.
Group Travel Specialist - Skills and Experience
- Have a proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Entrepreneurial sprit to sales and willing to take risks
- Customer focused with a keen awareness of the customer's perspective
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisational skills and an ability to progress & manage multiple customer bookings simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency, persistence and accountability to achieve results
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
- Excellent numerical skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and I.T. skills
- Have a flexible approach and be capable of working as part of a team
- Organised and logical approach with the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Accurate and detailed approach - Attention to detail is a key part in this role.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience in a similar role and having consistently overachieved on targets
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.