about 1 year ago
Are you an experienced Travel Consultant looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to be part of an experienced travel team specialising in group travel? Do you want to continue your travel career within a well known travel company? This leading specialist travel company is looking to recruit an experienced Travel Consultant to join their Groups team based in South Birmingham.
- To answer calls and ensure that service levels are maintained at all times, calls are answered within a reasonable amount of time and dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Providing general and specific advice about a range of worldwide and European and UK travel destinations
- Make reservations for group bookings of 10 passengers or more
- Make reservations for close user groups
- Ensure that sales potential is maximised on all calls by offering additional services e.g. accommodation, car hire, transfers, tours, excursions, parking, upgrades
- Meet individual targets for sales and commissions.
- Organising and costing complicated travel itineraries and ensuring that all the needs of the customers are met
- Keep an up to date knowledge of fares, checking the Company Intranet daily to see new fare deals
- Making arrangements for transport, accommodation, tours, and activities
- Using the computer database to research information about hotel accommodation fares
- Making amendments to bookings in GDS which include date changes, upgrades, changed routing
- Keep knowledge of products and destinations sold up to date by attending training sessions, completing web based training
You will be experienced travel professional with a background in retail travel or tour operations. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great company you can progress your career with.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary up to £17K plus bonuses.
If you are interested in this great role please click 'Apply'. For more information please call Lauren at Travel Trade Recruitment onor