A Tour Operator has a fantastic opportunity for a Groups Reservation Executive.
This is an exciting position to join a small team that is fast becoming a leading player in its current markets. They are looking for a proactive self-motivated individual who can provide excellent service to our clients and work closely with the Purchasing Team to ensure the continued growth of the department.
You must have previous experience in Group Reservation and possess a sound knowledge of European destinations. You will be responsible for group hotel bookings and ensuring that client's expectations and service requirements & internal deadlines are met at all times.
The successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to work, be customer orientated and meet tight deadlines. Responsibilities will also include participating in weekend working and bank holiday Rota during the peak period. Knowledge and experience of working with the Tourplan system would be a distinct advantage.
• Ensuring a smooth confirmation of booking from go-ahead stage to the deadline, ensuring that a high standard of service is provided at all times.
• Handling each group from booking stage to confirmation to Sales/Operation team,
• Booking hotels within the required budgets.
• Ensuring confirmations of services are received within an acceptable time frame.
• Negotiating with suppliers to maintain profitability levels and increase where possible.
• Ensuring all correspondence is filed electronically
• Check go-aheads & raise any unclear points with Line Manager,
• To maintain bookings in different status by monitoring, taking actions to priority of bookings.
• Manage and maintain budgets quoted to clients given by sales department.
• Monitor and update service status on Tourplan system.
• Research & plan for difficult bookings in advance of the Operation
• Liaise with different suppliers/Hoteliers and develop excellent working relationships with them. Coordinate with contracting & accounting teams (internally). Ensure a positive and professional image of the department and company is portrayed to Suppliers, staff and colleagues at all times.
• Help other area of company when required.
Key skills & experience required:
• Previous experience within a Hotel or tour Operator in Reservation team environment is essential, ideally in a B2B environment. Must possess a good knowledge of key European travel destinations.
• Knowledge & previous working experience with the Tourplan system a distinct advantage
• Excellent organizational & communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with suppliers (both verbal & written.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and without supervision. Must have an eye for detail to ensure all bookings are booked correctly and that the financial aspects of the tour are managed efficiently.
• Friendly and professional manner, flexible approach.
• Language skills (Italian, Spanish, French, German) an advantage.
• Group Hotel Reservations experience an advantage.