· To build relationships with all suppliers and ensure that you have excellent knowledge of any services that are offered.
· To be able to understand which product/services is the best suitable for the quoted program offered to the client.
· To negotiate and try to buy under budget where possible, in order to increase the margin, without compromising on quality.
· To understand and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers, in order to match clients’ needs.
· To build relationships and maintain a great working relationship with suppliers.
· To book all the service required in written and to obtain written confirmation from suppliers.
· To make sure that all confirmed services are entered correctly into the operational system.
· To constantly update the bookings in the system with all the correct information in order to have a correct overview for yourself and management.
· To assume all responsibility for confirmed groups, to book all services required in good time and making sure all details are correct prior to the group/event arrival/start.
· To send invoices to clients on time and ensure that all payments are made within time guidelines and always prior to the group arrival, except for client that have credit.
· To liaise with accounts and make sure that term and conditions for payment are respected both by client and from our part towards suppliers, as per agreements.
· To ensure all your files are kept in an organized manner that enables others to cover for you if the need arises.
· To prepare and double check rooming lists and vouchers, keeping constantly the System up to date as well as suppliers and clients.
· To deal with complaints as and when they arise in a professional manner
· To hold periodically an emergency phone during the weekend, accordingly to your department rota.
· To organize and participate in any familiarization trips that need to take place in order to win or facilitate a booking.