Incoming Groups Consultant - Uxbridge £20k – £24k
French, Italian or German Speaker
· Responsible of the Groups accommodation and every other service the clients request inside the hotel such as banqueting, conference, meals to suit their specific needs.
· To contact hotels and negotiate group rates (by email/fax/phone) to advise rooming lists, arrival times etc.
· Process client requests.
· Inputting and checking rates onto the in-house system
· Dealing with clients and hotels complaints, investigating incidents in a professional and thorough manner
· Compile details tour reports accordingly, and negotiate possible compensation as and when required
· Prioritise the workload according to deadlines, arrival dates etc.
· Negotiating other conditions such as cancellation policies/charges with hotels when rooms are decreased with the agreed deadlines, extending or amending agreed conditions as appropriate.
· Administration tasks including deposit payments to the hotels and additional charges or refunds to sales offices to be issued due to different reasons.
Skills and Experience
· Superb interpersonal and communication skills
· Organisational skills are a must
· Professional and friendly telephone manner
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Confident to work without supervision
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
· Sound knowledge of MS office applications and computer skills
· Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
· Experience working in the travel industry with similar role.
· Fluent in French or German or Spanish
· Personal travel experience would be considered