4 months ago
Are you experienced in Head Of Aviation looking for a new opportunity within the travel industry? My client, a specialist tour operator are currently looking to appoint an enthusiastic and self motivated individual to join their busy team in Leicestershire!
This position is working for a well-established travel company that has a fantastic, niche product and need you to help them drive and expand their profile within the industry!
You will be responsible for the day to day account management of the airline portfolio, agreeing contracts, seat rates, deposits, overrides and marketing funds - so you must have an excellent understanding of the schedule air contracting.
* Proposing the development and delivery strategy for the Air portfolio across the entire Tours programme.
* Procurement accountability and management of an air budget across a varied programme of flight seats.
* Account management of key airline relationships to deliver the optimum allocations; committed, countdown, dynamic, group space, ad-hoc and no frills seats - to maximise air lift.
* Oversight of business reporting with Finance for the Air portfolio.
* To manage direct reports effectively and efficiently including performance management, 1-2-1's, annual reviews, smart objective setting and recruitment.
* Review Aviation news, assess new routes international, regional and indirect, which may provide more cost effective options for our Tours whilst optimising air lift.
* Review competitor offerings and current portfolio to establish if we are sourcing the best deals e.g. airport distribution, direct vs indirect flights or option to upgrade airlines.
* AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of yield and airlines with a great understanding of the travel industry, you will be:
* Educated to degree level and/or 5 years relevant commercial Aviation experience
* GDS experience
* Strategic thinker and proactive in presenting business opportunities
* Commercially focused - proven negotiator with cost and margin awareness
* Ability to process complex information and make reasoned judgements
* Champion for change/tuned in to business opportunities to gain margin & deliver process efficiencies
* Partnership builder for mutual business gain/account management - strong, diplomatic and tactful
* Superb networker/influencer across internal teams
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven team management capability; leading, developing and motivating teams
The successful candidate with receive a fantastic salary depending on experience.
Monday - Friday GREAT office hours!
Alongside this you will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and other fantastic travel industry benefits!!
If you are interested in this fantastic role in Leicestershire please follow the link to apply. For more information please call Katy at Travel Trade Recruitment onor
28 days ago
only 7 hours until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close