Head of Marketing 4 Travel - upto £60k - London
Working for this highly accredited travel company as the Head of Marketing 4 Travel you will be responsible for maximising sales and profitability by developing and managing marketing initiatives and relationships, with accountability for the performance across all distribution channels.
Leading and motivating the marketing team to maximise performance and to provide outstanding customer service levels– including recruitment/training and development/performance management.
Working closely with other teams (especially Product) to deliver a marketing planning/strategy inc. web development & online initiatives to ensure sales grow in line with company targets.
• Responsible for the performance across all distribution channels, delivering and implementing a strategy for increasing revenue and market share for all our products.
• Overall responsibility for building, managing and motivating an enthusiastic, customer-focused and target-driven team, through coaching, mentoring and product training. Ensuring that the best people are in the right roles to achieve the objectives of the commercial & marketing strategies, and ensure individuals are supported and developed to achieve their potential. Also overall responsibility for day-to-day staff management issues (lateness/sickness etc), working in conjunction with each of the team managers.
• Ensuring we have the very best, commercially driven marketing activity in the market maximising sales opportunities and profitability, whilst outlining goals and objectives, practical milestones, challenges faced and how they will be overcome.
• Develop additional revenue opportunities through strategically selected 3rd party and sponsorship relationships, such as travel extras, clothing and brand partnerships.
• Responsible for the collation, distribution and reporting of the sales performance on a regular basis. Also for providing any analysis, modelling and forecasting data required for making key commercial decisions across the business.
• Provide and articulate regular market intelligence which gives insight into current channel performance and trends in order to assess effectiveness, ROI & profitability.
• Make recommendations for website improvements, brochure design, initiatives and technology capabilities to help improve our product offering to online and offline partners through positive ROI.
• Initiate and take ownership of ad hoc business projects when required.
• Provide support to Directors for executive board meetings including updates on the status of key strategic projects, trading position, business intelligence as well as providing presentation support
Specific Job Skills
* Excellent man management skills including experience of managing across multiple teams throughout the business.
* Must be empowering, confident, articulate, credible team leader, exuding a positive attitude to team as well as other departments.
* Ability to paint a clear vision and motivate people to achieve it.
* Result orientated - Must have a passionate desire to overachieve and understand and keep pace with the dynamics of the online travel marketplace
* Excellent analytical and MIS skills – skilled manipulator of data with an affinity for presenting it in a clear concise and visual way to the business.
* Commercial mind-set - Extensive experience of working in a commercial environment, proven results in launching a new product or developing sales profitably as well as genuine understanding of key customer patterns ideally within the travel industry.
* Inter-relationships management - Ability to influence at a senior management level and across all areas in the business
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to sell ideas and programs to internal and external audiences. Languages additional to English would be of benefit.
To be consider for this you MUST HAVE extensive travel experience, through knowledge of the adventure travel market, demonstrable results inside a product/purchasing/ management environment and aviation knowledge.