Our client is a successful and forward thinking travel company that offer tours and tailormade travel throughout the UK & Europe for corporate and leisure clients.
Due to remarkable growth we are now seeking an experienced Hotel Bookings and Travel Administration Assistant.
This role is ideal for an administration, contracts executive, operations or customer service professional with travel experience seeking career progression and something a little different.
Your career begins here, duties entail:
· Sourcing of group space at suitable hotel accommodation.
· Contracting of hotel rate agreements.
· Maintenance of hotel information.
· Administration support for the sales teams.
· Working with the product team to identify hotels that need rate agreements and allocations pre-booked.
· Profiling and sourcing hotels.
· Negotiation of group rates.
· Occasional attendance at trade exhibitions.
· Sourcing hotel images and creating hotel description.
· Maintaining and developing relationships with hotels and hotel suppliers.
· Must be able to drive and have a car
· This vacancy requires someone with experience in hotel booking and purchasing and who is looking to expand their knowledge of dealing with suppliers throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide.
· A good level of proficiency in at least one additional European language is an advantage (fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory).
· Ability to negotiate with hotels, both verbally and in writing.
· It is essential that the successful candidate has excellent geographical knowledge and understanding of tourism destinations within Europe, the UK and worldwide.
· Travel perks
· Varied job role
· Career development
· Sociable working hours
· The role provides an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop a more global and versatile knowledge of suppliers, contracting and destinations.
· Plus many more.