Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Manager to join the team based in Southampton. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of up to 30,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
As a Hotel Manager your job is to make sure that our customers and colleagues are kept safe at all times. Our Hotel Managers ensure that our customers have such a great stay that they want to return. As a people leader you will ensure that your team is motivated, engaged and see Travelodge as a great place to work. As with any role, delivering results is essential.
What you will be doing as our Hotel Manager
- Delivering fantastic service so customers have a great stay and want to return
- Review customer feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Delivering food and beverage services to brand standards
- Pre-empting any problems that may occur and put permanent fixes in place
- When problems do occur take ownership to resolve problems and empower the team to do the same
- Ensuring the hotel is safe and secure putting the health and safety of colleagues and customers at the forefront of what you do
- Retaining your team through engaging and motivating them
- Operating your hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruiting and inducting team members to provide new starters with a great experience and setting them up for success
- Ensuring the team feel valued and cared about
- Training and developing your team to make sure that there are always talented individuals ready to fill key roles
- Supporting your team's success by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews with all team members
- Holding daily huddle meetings with team members to ensure that they are focused on the right activities need to deliver quality and a great customer experience
- Celebrating and recognising success within your hotel so that people feel motivated to achieve
- Role modelling our values and behaviours, creating a positive, inclusive environment where information flow is two way and people feel respected and listened to
- Ensuring the team are set up for success providing them with the tools, equipment and training required to do the job
- Treating your team in a respectful way as you would expect to be treated yourself
- Creating rotas in accordance with company procedure, flexing your resources in line with occupancy when required to do so
- Attending and contributing constructively at monthly District meetings
- Role model and support your team by working regular shifts across all departments during peak trading times
What you can expect from us as our Hotel Manager
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity
Reward and Recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts, as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and Development
You can expect full training in your role with a detailed induction programme on joining the company. Career progression is encouraged whether that be to larger, more complex hotels or into support centre roles.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Hotel Manager then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!