Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Manager to join the team based in Barton Mills. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of up to 22,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell as our Hotel Manager
Our Barton Mills hotel is a quiet haven on the edge of Thetford Forest. It's close to the beautiful village of Barton Mills and the market town of Mildenhall. It's an ideal rest-stop before the Norfolk border.
The famous Newmarket Racecourse is 8 miles away, a must-see for racing fans, while history buffs will love to visit the site of the Mildenhall Treasure, a huge hoard of Roman silver discovered in the area.
All rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Guests can enjoy a variety of food and drink choices within easy walking distance from this hotel.
As a Hotel Manager your job is to make sure that our customers and colleagues are kept safe at all times. Our Hotel Managers ensure that our customers have such a great stay that they want to return. As a people leader you will ensure that your team is motivated, engaged and see Travelodge as a great place to work. As with any role, delivering results is essential.
What you will be doing as our Hotel Manager
- Delivering fantastic service so customers have a great stay and want to return
- Review customer feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the customer experience
- Delivering food and beverage services to brand standards
- Pre-empting any problems that may occur and put permanent fixes in place
- When problems do occur take ownership to resolve problems and empower the team to do the same
- Ensuring the hotel is safe and secure putting the health and safety of colleagues and customers at the forefront of what you do
- Retaining your team through engaging and motivating them
- Operating your hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruiting and inducting team members to provide new starters with a great experience and setting them up for success
- Ensuring the team feel valued and cared about
- Training and developing your team to make sure that there are always talented individuals ready to fill key roles
- Supporting your team's success by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews with all team members
- Holding daily huddle meetings with team members to ensure that they are focused on the right activities need to deliver quality and a great customer experience
- Celebrating and recognising success within your hotel so that people feel motivated to achieve
- Role modelling our values and behaviours, creating a positive, inclusive environment where information flow is two way and people feel respected and listened to
- Ensuring the team are set up for success providing them with the tools, equipment and training required to do the job
- Treating your team in a respectful way as you would expect to be treated yourself
- Creating rotas in accordance with company procedure, flexing your resources in line with occupancy when required to do so
- Attending and contributing constructively at monthly District meetings
- Role model and support your team by working regular shifts across all departments during peak trading times
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Hotel Manager then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!