JOB TITLE: Hotel Negotiator
DEPARTMENT: Hotel reservations and contracting Department
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that is proactive, able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic environment. You must also have the ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment. Tourism qualification. Excellent communication skills is a must.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Receiving hotel requests on from our sales departments
• Contacting suppliers according to the sales requirements either by e-mail, fax or telephone to make a reservation
• Negotiating the best possible rates and conditions, signing the contracts.
• Dealing with amendments and cancellations.
• Dealing with inbound telephone, fax and email enquirers and liaising with Sales, Operations and Accounts departments
• Focusing in maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers
• Researching suppliers including the utilization of non-contracted suppliers wherever appropriate
• Strong communication, negotiation and client relationship management skills
• Extra European language
• Good team player
• Stamina and persistence
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems - especially at the last minute
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to organise and plan effectively and to prioritize tasks in order to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
• A ‘can-do’ approach
Develop short term action plans.
Negotiate rates and create excellent relationships with hotels.
Create and maintain positive, professional working environments in all hotels.
Make sales calls to our top ten accounts at least once each year and targeted accounts at each hotel quarterly.