4 months ago
Our client a co-educational independent sixth-form college is recruiting for a Housekeeping Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Director the successful candidate will manage the welfare and safety of students living in the house manager's hall of residence.
Key duties include:
- To provide breakfasts and hot evening meals, Monday to Friday inclusive.
- To offer breakfast and a microwave platter for evening meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Summer school (8 weeks) To provide breakfasts and hot evening meals every day.
- To provide packed lunches at weekends.
- This includes menu planning and shopping for/ ordering of food provisions.
- To clean and hoover all common areas of the Hall once a day and to keep these areas and the kitchen at a level of hygiene and cleanliness
- To change all students' linen once a week.
- To watch over the welfare and discipline of all students in the Hall and to inform the employer of any worries or breaches of Hall regulations.
- To live in the Hall except during times of agreed holiday entitlement.
- To be responsive to the needs of students with differing religious beliefs, cultural backgrounds and dietary requirements when providing meals.
- To conduct fire tests
- To complete paperwork relating to student welfare, illness and medication.
- To accompany students to visits to the doctor or hospital if required.
House managers are usually expected to be available 7 days a week, with one weekend off per term. Holidays, which are paid, must be taken at Christmas (2 weeks), Easter (2 weeks) and after the summer term (end of August/ early September (2 weeks).
This is a live- in role and the house manager's partner can also live in the flat if preferred. In addition to the salary the successful candidate will also receive paid meals. Our client is committed to child protection and safeguarding so an enhanced DBS check will be required.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside
£20k - £25k
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close