JUNIOR BUYER - FOOD/FMCG - 22K
My client is a well-established, multi award winning, ambitious FMCG company and a major player in the wholesale market. We are currently recruiting for a Junior Buyer to join their ever-expanding buying team. This challenging roles offer a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing company with excellent progression opportunities on offer.
This role is for a natural negotiator, who loves a challenge, and 100% committed to putting the time and effort into their development and progression. In turn, you will receive coaching and mentoring from some highly skilled and knowledgeable buyers, receive varied training such as: stock replenishment, negotiating supplier discounts, category management, covering different categories from beers, wines and spirits to fresh foods.
You must be a determined negotiator, organised and confident enough to tackle the everyday challenges of business.
- Develop an exciting and credible range
- Work effectively to drive department sales and profit; focusing on meeting customer needs, whilst planning and developing for the future
- Build and maintain key relationships with the supply base in order to achieve maximum flexibility and reliability
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to product quality eg identifying and resolving issues early on
- At least 3 years buying experience- Food and Drink Buying Experience
- Outstanding commercial awareness
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Good time management, prioritisation, negotiation & organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to perform under pressure
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant qualification/experience
- Advanced Excel skills
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role/your experience or call David Thomas for a confidential chat. We look forward to hearing from you.
"The services advertised by IntaPeople are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business"