8 months ago
Junior Sous Chef - Fort William
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Scotlands finest luxury hotel and restaurant, where dining is a culinary experience offering the finest dishes using local produce. Our client are now have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef to join the team.
Uniquely located amongst the glens, lochs and mountains of the West Highlands of Scotland, offering one of the most relaxing and exciting holidays of a lifetime, where every detail for your comfort and enjoyment has been carefully considered.
As a Junior Sous Chef you will assist the Sous Chef to ensure in the smooth running of the food offer in the hotel. To effectively manage the kitchen team to achieving the highest standard of food production especially in the absence of the Head Chef. To control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the Company's sourcing policy and control production and portions in line with agreed specifications.
The Junior Sous Chef must be able to solve problems quickly and in a professional and pleasant manner. They must be able to deal successfully with a wide variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Be initiative, have self-discipline, effective communications skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
You will assist the Sous Chef in the below and be solely responsible for the below in their absence:
Role responsibilities include:
• Train and develop staff to maximise performance, aid retention and reduce turnover.
• Accountable for the delivery of performance in line with Company procedures.
• Lead and inspire individuals to develop a highly motivated, committed team.
• Ensure team receive, understand and adhere to all company policies & procedures.
• Co-ordinate workload of staff within the hotel including rotas etc
• To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform
• Support all members of the team to reach their full potential and give them the opportunity to develop their career
• Ensuring all relevant information is passed to the relevant person.
• To help the Head Chef work within the company set budgets while providing the standard of service required, including staff budget, equipment budget, stock costs.
• Control all stocks within the hotel food operations and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
• Develop all aspects of sales within the hotel, implementing new initiatives to meet and exceed targets.
• Ensure GP figures are to target.
• Be responsible for all ordering and repairs within their department, obtaining quotes, receiving/querying/authorising all invoices and ensure the correct person receives these.
• Develop product knowledge to ensure accurate delivery of service.
• Resolution of customer complaints within the food operation.
• Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are implemented according to Company standards including food hygiene.
• Carry out all supplier communication activity in line with company.
• Ensure suppliers have a full understanding of all product and service specifications in order to ensure effective delivery.
• Complete orders in line with company procedures to ensure correct stock levels are maintained.
• Ensure best price being received along with best quality.
This is a full time position, no live in but help with temporary accommodation if needed.
Additional benefit of annual gratuity.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
Must have previous experience in Michelin or AA Rosettes Restaurant.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.