30 days ago
Junior Sous Chef - St Andrews, Fife
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum paid monthly with annual tips
Hours : Average 40 hours per week 5days from 7 - mainly straight shifts
Our client is the best kept secret in the Scottish hospitality sector, they were first founded in 1997 and due to expansion of the club they are now looking to appoint a Junior Sous Chef to join their experienced team. The Ideal candidate will have previous experience within recognised establishments at 2 rosette level or above. Good Pastry experience is essential.
Junior Sous Chef as part of their role they will be expected to motivate and supervise the kitchen team. As well as being responsible for food storing, preparation, production, cooking. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm and real passion for food. Also having the drive to push boundaries and exceed expectations.
• To assist with the day to day running of the kitchen
• Assist the chef director with creative menu writing
• Ordering food from suppliers each day, ensuring that we uphold an excellent reputation with all suppliers and ensuring that dry stores and ingredients are always in stock when required.
• Ensuring deliveries are checked off & put away into correct fridges, ensuring invoices are noted where credits are required.
• To ensure health and safety documentation is completed on a daily basis by the team
• Ensuring fridges & dry stores are organised, rotated, labelled & are h&s compliant at all times
• Ensure date labelling is enforced at all times on all produce.
• Inspiring, motivating and leading a team of junior chefs and kitchen porters
• Complying with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Ensuring all prep items and recipes are made to standard
• Maintaining the highest level of food quality with the aim of consistently exceeding our guest's
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Experience as a Junior Sous Chef with a Pastry background
• Previous experience at 2 Rosette level or above
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.