Site or Unit :
Cumbrae Lodge Care HomeAddress :
Castlepark Road Irvine North Ayrshire KA12 8SZContracted Weekly Hours : 30
Cumbrae Lodge is an 87 bed nursing home which provides care for residents who require nursing care. We are currently working towards achieving PEARL acreditation, which involves Positively Enriching And enhancing Resident's Lives who are living with the effects of dementia. Cumbrae Lodge is situated behind Ayrshire hospital in Irvine. There are public transport services and train station nearby and there is a large shopping centre a short car or bus ride away. Here we provide quality care based on individual need, and on respect for older adults and their right to make choices and maintain dignity. We offer 24-hour nursing, palliative care, and respite care for older adults with dementia and other mental health difficulties. GP services visit each weekday morning, and we also have ready access to chiropodists, dieticians, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, and dentists. Our aim is to achieve a comfortable, warm and safe environment, which offers a feeling of security, and enhances quality of life.
Working within the kitchen and dining area you will help to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, engaging residents in the dining experience.
So as a Kitchen Assistant what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Assist in the preparation of excellent quality meals within the home, with the aim of achieving the highest levels of satisfaction for residents in our care.
- Develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team.
- Prepare dining areas to create a safe and enjoyable environment for residents at mealtimes.
- Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen and dining area in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.