As a Kitchen Assistant you will assist in organising and preparing quality food under the supervision of the Cook/Chef, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us as a Kitchen Assistant and help make our residents very happy - all whilst developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits. Gracewell Healthcare are one of the UK's leading providers of health and social care services and are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce nutritious meals several times a day to ensure our residents needs are met.
The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assitant Role are: .
* To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
* To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
* Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
* To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
* To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
* To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
* Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
Food handling course qualification desirable
To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
Gracewell Healthcare is a leading premier healthcare provider of residential, nursing and dementia care delivered in a most luxurious home environment providing the very highest standards of care to our residents. We believe great care starts with great people. Gracewell Healthcare has a varied range of career options available to individuals all supported by extensive learning and development programmes to make the most of your career with us.
28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday
Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
Employee Assistance scheme
Cycle to work scheme with Halfords